Sunday, March 11, 2012

I have been such a wayward blogger this past month, and it hasn't been because I haven't been baking, I have...I swear!   The past few months have been really busy with a charity that I volunteer with.  The Red Wagon Ministry provides diapers and wipes to families in need in the Shenandoah Valley.  It is a really great cause, one that is near and dear to my heart as the need in our area is so great for so many.  Yesterday, we hosted our largest fundraiser of the year, A Cupcake Challenge!  Basically, bakers bring in cupcakes for an audience and the cupcakes are judged.  Winners are announced, cupcakes are eaten and enjoyed, and everyone has a great time!  


I didn't bake cupcakes this year.  Last year I baked lemon chiffon cupcakes (and came in second to an amazing local baker) but felt that this year, since I was so involved with the charity that it would be a conflict to compete as well.  So instead I made these.




Our fearless leader wanted something small to thank the judges, bakers, volunteers, and emcee.  To make this cookie I used a car shaped cookie cutter then trimmed it down to the shape that I wanted.  This was my first attempt at trimming a cookie and I learned a lot.  This was also my first attempt at making the topper for the bag.  The toppers are easy to make and it gives the cookie a nice finish without being too fussy.  


So the event is over now, and it was a huge success and I'm on to 2 more events.  My husband's birthday is coming up and I'm going to do a mexican theme- "Nacho Ordinary Birthday Party."  And shortly after that will be my children's birthdays.  My oldest wants a soldier themed birthday party.  Party City, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment