Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pink Snowflakes

A friend of mine was planning a party for her daughter's birthday this weekend.  The theme: pink snowflakes.  The challenge: pink snowflake cookies to give out as favors.  I've been wanting to try something new with my cookies.  Instead of icing the cookie pink and then adding the white detail, I decided to try actually coloring my cookie dough and then adding the detail.  I wasn't sure how it would come out, but they actually turned out really cute.  I basically colored the dough the way you would color fondant, adding the color, then kneading the dough until it was the color I wanted, but I think you could probably add your color to the dough in your mixer to skip this step.  Once the cookies were baked and cooled, I added the frosting detail and the sanding sugar.  I think the cookies are absolutely beautiful. 





Happy Birthday Cassia!

No comments:

Post a Comment