Sunday, January 1, 2012

Sweets for Daisies

A few weeks ago, my friend and mentor, Becky of Beckaboo's cakes, had to leave town unexpectedly due to a family emergency.  Unfortunately, she had an order that needed to be done and delivered while she was gone so she asked if I might be able to do it for her.  After some rearranging, and a lot of help from my dear husband, I got it finished.  


The customer's daughter's Daisy troop was getting their pins and she wanted 30 pops, 12 of them daisies.  I wasn't really sure how to do them, and Becky suggested using a cookie cutter to cut out the daisy shapes then piping on the yellow centers.  Sounds easy enough, right?  


WRONG!  It was actually much more difficult than I thought it would be!  The first few that I made I rolled out too thin, so they literally bent in half when I put the stick in.  I managed to get 12 on sticks, but dipping them was much harder than dipping a ball.  I was terrified I would lose one in the chocolate, that it would bend in half when I was shaking off the excess chocolate.  Fortunately, they didn't but I lost a lot of the shape when the chocolate dried, so I piped on the petals before I piped on the centers.  


Here are the pictures:








I would like to do more of these, I definitely need the practice.  All in all, though, I do think they turned out cute and the arrangement was really cute when it was done.  By the way, I finally figured out how to make my pictures larger.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment