Thursday, January 5, 2012

Going Bananas!

So many of you have asked me how I create these cake pops, so I decided to show everyone step-by-step how I made my latest creations.  I do have to credit Bakerella for the inspiration.  See if you can guess what they are...


The first thing you have to do is make the cake balls and put them on the sticks.  This customer wanted strawberry cake.



Dip the sticks in the chocolate and while the chocolate is still wet, add eyes and ears.  I used peanut butter chips for the eyes that I inserted with the pointed side in, and peach colored jumbo chip sprinkles for the ears.



To give the eyes definition, I added a white confetti sprinkle to the peanut butter chip using a dab of chocolate.



Then I used black chocolate to add more detail to the eyes.  Can you tell what it is yet?



I attached a large peanut butter chip using chocolate and used the black chocolate to add a nose and draw on a mouth with a toothpick.




And voila!  Monkeys!  Its that easy folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment