Thursday, October 27, 2011

Football and Halloween!

This was a busy week for cake pops.  One of my wonderful Physical Therapists asked me to do some footballs for her daughter's football party on Sunday.  Her daughter is an Eagle's fan, so my husband was against this from the start, but in the words of the great Joe Fox (You've Got Mail, anyone?) "It's not personal, it's business."  I hand formed the football shapes, dipped them in chocolate and then piped on the stitching with white chocolate.  Here is how they turned out:




This week was also my oldest's Halloween Party at school, and I wanted do something special for him.  He is a huge fan of cake pops and I saw these on the cover of a magazine and I figured I could do them for him.  They were a huge hit!



The mummies were my favorite!



The pumpkins were cute too, but a lot of work because my markers stopped working and I had to paint on the faces with chocolate and a paint brush!



The next couple of weeks are going to be busy too.  I've got 2 cake pop orders coming up and then our last home game at JMU the following weekend.  I'm thinking I might mix up my JMU cake pops and do some footballs with the purple and gold pops.  Stay tuned...



No comments:

Post a Comment