Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sweet Sixteen and a Soccer Picnic

3 years ago when I started baking for other people, I was exclusively a cookie maker.  I would spend hours over a batch of cookies using egg whites, sugar, and food coloring to turn batches of sugar cookies into works of art.  I've gotten better over the years; my piping is cleaner, the icing has a better consistency, and the cookies taste better, and as much as I love making cakes, pops, and cupcakes, my heart is with cookies. This weekend I was honored to have been asked to create cookie pops for a very special lady turning 16.  They didn't give me a lot of direction, just colors and the direction to "be creative," music to my ears...here are the pictures.  I made 4 separate designs, just in case!







Jimmy also had his end of the season soccer picnic on Saturday.  All of the U6 teams were asked to bring a dessert and Jimmy requested vanilla cupcakes.  They were a huge hit- gone before anyone really got the chance to see them and I heard one little girl tell her dad it was "only like, the best cupcake ever!"





Next week, I've got another fall cupcake order and an order of Halloween cake pops for Jimmy's Halloween party at school.  I will be sure to post pictures, I'm going to attempts pumpkins, ghosts, and possibly mummies.  Spooky!

No comments:

Post a Comment