Saturday, October 8, 2011

My Homage to Fall

Well, we had another JMU game this weekend.  Sadly the Dukes lost this one in overtime, but the tailgate was fabulous!  We were joined by some great friends and their kids, the weather was amazing, and we made some new friends today.  I remembered my business cards this time, but unfortunately not as many folks were at the tailgate so no one really asked for any, but thats all right, I feel some new business coming on!  I'll save that news for another post.

I have had this idea in my head for a couple weeks to do an acorn cake pop and I saw a link on-line to a donut hole acorn that I thought I could adapt, so I tried it- and they turned out really cute!  To compliment them, I also made some candy corn shaped ones, that were really fun.  This time the flavors inside were chocolate/chocolate and spice cake/cream cheese.  The spice cake went first, but I think that was because the kids were eating them and those were the candy corn ones.  My oldest spent the day chanting, "orange, white, yellow, orange, white, yellow!"  Here is the picture.


I tried and new camera technique this week, although my photography friends would not consider this a technique, just good practice, and went outside to get some really good natural light.  I think the picture turned out better, but I need to work on my placement.  That shadow you see is my arm!  We are headed out of town tomorrow so I won't be blogging this week, but look for me next week, I have a huge cupcake order to do on Sunday, so I will be posting some pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment