Sunday, October 2, 2011

Homecoming and some new business (hopefully!)

This past weekend was homecoming at James Madison University.  JMU is such a special place for me.  In the 4 years I spent there, I made friends that I will keep forever, met my husband, and found my way to a job that I truly enjoy.  We love going back and seeing all the changes, having the opportunity to reunite with those friends that we made, and making new friends.  This weekend, I made some JMU inspired cake pops and I never expected the reaction I received from my fellow tailgaters on Godwin Field.  People were so complimentary of the pops and I had lots of people asking for business cards-note to self: always keep business cards in the car!  Hopefully this will lead to some new business and the possibility to expand to areas outside of the Winchester/Berryville area!  Here is the picture of the cake pops I made.  I have to say, this is my 4th set of pops and they get a little easier each time!  I rolled 36 pops and I actually got 36 pops into the display.  I didn't lose a single pop in the chocolate and it took me less than an hour to make these!!!  Those of you who were following my first attempt at pops (the dalmation pops) know that this is a HUGE improvement!



Oh, and just in case you were wondering...JMU won the game on Saturday, stomping the Richmond Spiders 31-7.  Go Dukes!

No comments:

Post a Comment